Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sleepy

It has been a few days since my last journal posting. Still not used to the night shift. I think I have kind of settled into a pattern for the work days. I usually go to bed around 8:30 in the morning and sleep on and off till 2:30. I still can’t sleep straight through though I keep waking up every hour or so. I then goof off till 10 when I head to work. The weekend still messes me up I can’t stay wake at home in the night and end up sleeping and then up in the day.

Another bit of news my craptop died and so I used a birthday and savings money to buy a new gateway laptop. Nothing special it has 320 GB hard drive, 4 GB of RAM and 1.83 GHz processor. It’s cheap but better than the Acer I had before. Actually the Acer is still sort of working, it is a problem with the power cord slot so it doesn’t charge anymore, I could probably get it fixed easily but the casing was loose and the lip would not stay closed etc. All sorts of stupid problems. Plus the new lap top is a nice garnet color that matches the red IPod 8 GB nano that my roommate got me for my birthday. Sweet huh? He even got the (RED) one that donates money to AIDS funding, cool huh?

So I got another call for a job interview, two actually, but had to turn both down. The first was for a job in the same department that I am at right now. I said no to that one because if I am going to jump jobs so soon after starting I would prefer it be into a different agency than the one I am at right now. That would be awkward and honesty I think the higher ups would be a bit vindictive, they seem that type. The second was for a job in human services but the pay would have been lower by over five dollars an hour. That would have been back at my old pay range and money was to tight then so…I had to say no. But I am still looking for another job.

8 comments:

  1. I can't believe I finally found a local blogger... check out mine: Drab Boiz 2

    hit me up at wild@adrabboizbreakfast.com

    i like your stuff.

    WwWest (Abq)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! The name actually looks familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it doesn't really help, but - what the hell - I know exactly where you are coming from! I had a bunch of offers that were way too low too. Its fine when you are desperate, don't have a job - yada yada. But when you are looking for a better one, ya don't want to resort to taking a big cut!
    Course, lol - if you REALLY begin to hate the job you are in... those other job offers will start to look mighty fine!

    All I can do is hope the best for you and tell you to not give up. I know I'm not the only one rooting for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry, i'm having problems with that email address.

    contact me at:
    mr.wildwildwest@gmail.com

    talk to you soon!

    wwwest

    ReplyDelete
  5. also, I used to be a hospital administrator, and have some contacts if you need 'em.

    wwwest

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'll be here... love your blog

    WwWest

    ReplyDelete